The Sweet Home School District’s school nurse coordinates health service programs, such as: health records and vision screenings, immunization clinics (and data) and first aid. She examines children referred by teachers, makes home visits when students’ problems are health related and when absenteeism is suspected as health related. She also monitors medically fragile students.
The school nurse is a liaison with the state, county and community health and social agencies; coordinates the District’s occupational therapy and physical therapy programs and writes health related Individual Education Programs. She is a resource to teachers and sometimes is a guest speaker for health classes.
Lisa Murphy, District Nurse
Please visit our new Wellness Center and Resources Page
When Should I Keep My Child Home?
Check and make sure your child is well (has no symptoms) for 24 hours before sending back to school after having the following sicknesses:
- Fever more than 100.5 (orally)
- New Rash
- Crusty drainage from eyes or sores
- Deep, barking cough
- Diagnosis of strep throat – must have received antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school
Help keep school a healthy place to learn!
- Oregon Immunization Requirements,and Facts
- Influenza (Flu) Information
- Sweet Home Immunization Rates
- Oregon Vaccine Requirements (English)
- Oregon Vaccine Requirements (Spanish)