All students at Sweet Home Junior High may participate in the following sports: volleyball, football, girls basketball, boys basketball, wrestling, dance team and track.
2019-20 SHJH Sport Season Calendar
- Fall Season: Sept 4 – Oct 31
- Winter 1 Season: Oct 31 – Jan 11
- Winter 2 Season: Jan 14 – Mar 8
- Spring Season: Mar 11 – May 10
2019-20 SHJH Sport Schedules
** Volleyball 7th graders will practice at Oak Heights each day after school, with all 7th grade games playing at Foster.
***Soccer will practice at SJHJ daily starting around 3:30 pm. Games are ALL away.
Student athletes must maintain the following criteria to participate in contests:
- attend school on the day of the contest
- maintain a 2.0 GPA
- have no F’s
At the beginning of each season, the following items are required for students to begin participation in practice:
- Code of Conduct
- Current physical (within the last 2 years)
- Participation fee…if you play two sports during the school year, the third sport is FREE (ask about our FAMILY DISCOUNT):
- Football: $75
- Volleyball: $50
- Dance: $50
- Basketball: $50
- Wrestling: $50
- Track: $50
- Soccer: $50
If your child has not had a physical in the last 2 year, he/she must also have completed a medical physical before being allowed to attend practice for any sport. Free or Low-cost Sports Physicals are held the our area periodically during the year. Notice will be posted on the school’s Facebook page and school calendar.